Sorry, The Rampage does not support Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer presents security concerns, and is no longer supported—even by Microsoft. Please download a modern browser such as:

Students Invited to Submit Works to Bluestone Review

Student Newspaper • 1987

Are you a writer? Photographer? Artist? Graphic designer? Want to see your creative work published? Then submit your work to Bluefield University’s Bluestone Review.

The Bluestone Review is the literary journal created and published annually by BU students. Members of the BU editorial staff are accepting submissions from students and the community at-large for the 2024 edition. Submissions may include poems, short stories, creative non-fiction, fiction, song lyrics, photographs, paintings, and drawings.

“The Bluestone Review is a celebration of local color and individual craft in the form of poetry, non-fiction, fiction, music, photography, and visual art,” said Review student co-editor Sydney Horton. “Students should put themselves out there by submitting to the Bluestone Review because they should receive recognition for the talent they have.”

Submissions for the 2024 edition are being accepted now and can be submitted on the BU website. No more than five submissions will be accepted from one contributor. Prose submissions must be no more than 750 words. When submitting, please include your name, address, contact information, and one biographical sentence.

“Submitting to the Bluestone Review allows you to share your published work with your peers and network with other talented writers, poets, and artists in our community,” said student co-editor Jonathan Collier. “Prose, poetry, art, and photography are all great ways to express yourself, and The Bluestone is a collection of works that capture moments and snapshots of the Appalachian experience.”

Joining Collier and Horton on the Bluestone staff are student graphic designers Nathan LePere and Jenny Mitchell. The students are being advised by former English professor and Bluestone Review founder Dr. Rob Merritt and current English professor Dr. Irene Rieger.

This year’s Bluestone Review will be published in a digital format and unveiled to the public during a reception in April during which time contributors will be recognized and provided the opportunity to read or present their work.

Submissions are due by March 15 and may be submitted online, by email at bluestone@bluefield.edu, or by postal mail at The Bluestone Review, Bluefield University, 3000 College Avenue, Bluefield, VA 24605.

Close Magazine